Shaping ART around individual needs: Maximizing adherence and quality of life
After watching this activity, participants should be better able to:
- Assess the individual needs of newly diagnosed people living with HIV who are initiating ART
- Apply shared decision making to select the most appropriate first-line ART regimen for people living with HIV
- Use relevant monitoring strategies for people living with HIV receiving ART, to revise treatment regimen in line with changes in life and preferences
In this activity, two HIV specialists and an advocate for people living with HIV discuss the importance of optimizing antiretroviral therapy (ART) through an individualized approach to care and shared decision making. This discussion is guided by pre-canvassed questions provided by HIV specialists and genitourinary medicine/sexual health specialists.
This activity has been designed to meet the educational needs of HIV specialists, genitourinary medicine/sexual health specialists, HIV specialist nurses, pharmacists and clinical pharmacists.
To obtain the CE/CME credit(s) from this activity, please complete this post-activity test.Claim Credit
You may also be interested in...
A Lived Experience of HIV: Challenges, Successes and Future Needs
Preventing HPV-associated cancer by maximizing vaccine uptakeThis activity is CE/CME accredited
Practical considerations for COVID-19 vaccination in the Middle EastThis activity is CE/CME accredited
Cabotegravir and Rilpivirine Long-acting Injectable Therapy for Human Immunodeficiency Virus
Joseph Domachowske: Phase III MELODY and phase IIb trials investigating nirsevimab for the treatment of respiratory syncytial virus
Craig Hoesley, HIVR4P 2021: Intrarectal Microbicides for HIV Prevention (Part 1)
REGISTER NOW FOR FREE ACCESS TO
- 1000+ topical and insightful peer-reviewed journal articles
- 100+ hours of bite-sized congress highlights
- 9 major therapy areas packed with the latest scientific advances
- 150+ specialties offering learn-on-the-go medical education
- + Concise email updates and newsletters so you never miss out